Hotels in Roquetas de Mar
Best-selling hotels in Roquetas de MarSee all
Roquetas de Mar 3.1 mi from city centre
Located directly beside Playa Serena in the tourist centre of Roquetas de Mar, this exclusive beach apartment hotel enjoys...
Roquetas de Mar 2.3 mi from city centre
This luxurious hotel is located directly beside the sea, facing one of the sandy beaches along the coast of Almería. There...
Roquetas de Mar 1,405 yd from city centre
This beach hotel offers a total of 321 double rooms, which are spread over 5 floors. Amongst the hotels modern facilities...
Mediterraneo Bay & Resort
Roquetas de Mar 1.8 mi from city centre
Surrounded by gardens, this seafront hotel offers a lagoon-style outdoor pool and hot tub, and air-conditioned rooms with...
Ohtels Fenix Family
Roquetas de Mar 2.8 mi from city centre
Fenix Family is located 300 metres from Serena beach in Roquetas de Mar, on Spain’s Costa de Almería. It offers 3 pools,...
Evenia Zoraida Resort
Roquetas de Mar 1.7 mi from city centre
Evenia Zoraida Resort is part of the Evenia Zoraida Resort, located on Roquetas de Mar’s beachfront. It offers 3 outdoor...
Roquetas de Mar 2.8 mi from city centre
This comfortable beach hotel is located just 250 m from the beach. Numerous boutiques, cafés, small bars and restaurants...
Book your cheap hotel in Roquetas de Mar
A lovely resort town on the Costa de Almeria, just a 15-minute Drive from Almeria, the provincial capital, Roquetas de Mar is a place to escape the crowds yet still enjoy all the trappings of a Spanish Mediterranean holiday. Perennially popular with Spanish holidaymakers, other nationalities are now discovering the joys of the town’s beaches, nature reserve, fishing traditions, and authentic Spanish dining.
Affordable holiday accommodation in Roquetas de Mar is found throughout the town with plenty of comfortable hostels and hotels. Expect to pay a little more if you want to be close to the sea.
Neighbourhoods of Roquetas de Mara
Roquetas de Mar consists of a number of districts:
- Aguadulce: The hub of the town, it was one of the first resort areas established in Spain, in the 1960s. As well as the holiday accommodation, it hosts a wide variety of leisure and sports activities
- Marina: A great place to admire the moored yachts in the marina or to watch the daily catch come in. Fisherman are happy to sell fish direct to tourists.
- Beaches: Roquetas de Mar has excellent beaches with safe swimming. La Bajadilla is a beautiful swathe of fine pebble measuring 80 by 1300 metres. Serena Beach is also a long pebble stretch but not as wide as La Bajadilla.
- The Promenade: The beachfront hotels lining the prom are the entertainment hub for nightlife while the prom itself is perfect for a stroll any time of day. It has a separate bike lane.
- Punta Entinas-Sabinar: This nature reserve begins at the edge of town and is known for its flamingos. It’s a tranquil stretch of seafront with great scenic views and an abundance of flora and fauna.
What to see and do in Roquetas de Mar
One of the main attractions in Roquetas de Mar is the aquarium which has shark diving, a stingray touch tank, and a recreation of the Amazon basin. Other sites popular with visitors are the Bullfighting Museum, the lighthouse that is now a cultural centre, and the 17th century Santa Ana Castle.
What to eat in Roquetas de Mar
Like most Spanish towns on the coast, fish and seafood is the staple diet and there are also plenty of chiringuitos serving tapas. Specialities include fried fish which is coasted in chickpea flour, bocas de la Isla, a crabmeat dish, and pestinos which are honey cookies.
Typical events and festivals in Roquetas de Mar
There is a decent calendar of events in Roquetas de Marat with most festivals on a religious and fishing theme. These include the Fiesta de San Marcos in April, Fiestas del Virgen del Carmen y Santa Ana in July, and Procesión del Cristo del Mar in August. The town’s carnival takes place in February.
How to move around in Roquetas de Mara
There is a good local bus service in the town and good connections to Almeria. Taxis are plentiful.
The climate in Roquetas de Mar
Roquetas de Mar enjoys a typically mild Mediterranean climate, so holidaymakers can expect lovely warm summers. There is little rainfall throughout the year.
More interesting facts about and sights in Roquetas de Mar
The old coastal town of Roquetas de Mar was created by the Romans but in modern times, in 1967 in fact, it was designated a National Tourist Amenity