Hotels in Los Angeles
Best-selling hotels in Los AngelesSee all
The Wayfarer Dtla
Los Angeles 1,150 yd from city centre
This boutique hotel is located in the hearth of downtown Los Angeles, only two blocks from the Staples Centre and Convention...
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
Los Angeles 734 yd from city centre
The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Los Angeles? Downtown financial district in California. The hotel provides easy...
Los Angeles 3 mi from city centre
The closest major airports to The Wilshire Hotel are:Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope) - 15.7 km / 9.8 miLos Angeles, CA (LAX-Los...
Freehand Los Angeles
Los Angeles 916 yd from city centre
Situated 800 metres from LA Live in Downtown Los Angeles, the Freehand Los Angeles boasts a rooftop pool & bar with 360-degree...
Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
Los Angeles 405 yd from city centre
The hotel is located at the corner of Fifth and Grand, in the financial and cultural heart of downtown Los Angeles. The hotel...
Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles
Los Angeles 1,216 yd from city centre
Located in the historic United Artists Building in the heart of the Los Angeles city centre, this LA hotel offers guest rooms...
La Quinta By Wyndham Lax
Los Angeles 10 mi from city centre
The preferred airport for La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX is Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi. Distances...
Book your cheap hotel in Los Angeles
Los Angeles city is the second-most populous US city and the largest in California. The famous city sits in the Los Angeles Basin of Southern California of the Peninsular Ranges. The town has beautiful beaches stretching along the Pacific Ocean and scenic surroundings, including vast valleys, forests, mountains, and deserts. The city is almost always sunny throughout the year. Summer sets in early May and lasts through October, making any of these months great for a quick escape to LA, also known as the City of Angels.
There are several hotels in Los Angeles city, both luxurious and affordable. You can enjoy scenic views of the beaches, mountains, and valleys around the city, regardless of the budget. Vacation rentals are abundantly available downtown and all around the suburban outskirts, too.
What to see and do in Los Angeles
Los Angeles has several events and attractions that cannot go without notice, including:
- Warner Bros Studio: There is an exciting list of Hollywood favorites, from oldies to new releases. This studio complex has created many of the best television shows of all time.
- Petersen Automotive Museum: All motor vehicle types are on display here, making it ideal for motor enthusiasts. This destination holds numerous events throughout the year, too.
- Natural History Museum: Home to ancient dinosaur fossils, this place is a must-visit for history enthusiasts that hosts several mammoths and over 600 species of plants.
- The Malibu Surf Tour: Touring here is well worth it for surf-lovers. This place leaves you feeling relaxed and refreshed, and you'll enjoy delicate breezes on the beach.
What to eat in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is the mother of several of the nation's top-notch chefs. Therefore, it hosts diverse and exotic culinary traditions, such as the famous Italian food in Hollywood. Raw fish and rice dishes are on the top of the much-craved food list for most travelers. The region is decorated with all types of restaurants and coffee shops. One can get the desired taste depending on the budget and location.
Typical events and festivals in Los Angeles
Los Angeles has a myriad of events and festivals to keep locals and tourists entertained throughout the year. Some of the events originate from other countries, like China or Japan. Below are some notable LA festivals and events:
- Chinese New Year: This event occurs yearly in early February to commemorate Chinese culture.
- Golden Dragon celebrations: The event attracts thousands of people with Chinese musicians and fireworks in Chinatown. It happens during CNY and has long dragons decorated with art that leaves fans in awe.
- The Grammy Awards: An event in February celebrating music and the best recording artists. Get the chance to see your favorite artists and watch live performances.
- Pride Festivals: Many cities in the US celebrate the LBGT culture, and Los Angeles hosts it in June. West Hollywood hosts several LGBT society events, ranging from arts and costumes to music. It is an ideal event to enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Los Angeles Film Festival: This event happens in June to introduce the public to the best films of the year. Fans also get a chance to see their favorite actors. Sometimes the venue is packed, so many people flock to neighboring clubs and bars to spectate their favorite film celebrities as they showcase performing arts.
- Fireworks spectacular: A 4th of July event held at the Hollywood Bowl that leaves many people entertained to the brim. Anybody planning to visit Los Angeles can not miss out on this festival. Musicians perform their best songs, and the fireworks are visible from all over Southern California.
How to move around in Los Angeles
Moving around in Los Angeles city to see the town's beautiful landscapes and breezy beaches can be hectic, but transportation is efficient. Since it is a vast city and public transport is limited to specific points, renting a car is ideal. You can find rental cars at Los Angeles International Airport, plus there are several car rental agencies located around the city. One can also take a taxi to move around the city, though it can be expensive. You can also use ride apps, like Uber and Lyft.
The climate in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is known for its Mediterranean climate, thus enjoying warm temperatures throughout the year. Although LA is beautiful all year round, the weather is at best between May and early September. Winter sets in November and lasts through April. It is an excellent season to visit the beaches because the lower temperatures carry along tradewinds heading out to the Pacific. Tall mountains shield the area from intense heat, especially the hottest months of September and October. The latitude is ideal for winter rainfall and some short rain spells in June. LA does not experience extreme conditions, so the temperature remains relatively moderate throughout all four seasons.